Our pores fulfil an essential function for the health of our skin. There are sebaceous glands underneath these small openings, which produce greasy sebum. This comes out through the pores and provides a protective layer on the skin. Due to various causes, enlarged pores can occur. Would you like to leave here? Then try the natural tips below!
Known causes of enlarged pores
If you have mixed or oily skin, your skin often makes (more) local sebum. This may cause pores to become blocked, causing their walls to stretch and grow larger. Dead skin cells and dirt from the outside can also clog the pores. Hormonal influences can also create larger pores, just like skin ageing. Enlarged pores can also be hereditary. With the following natural tips, you make them less visible!
1. Make a natural apple cider vinegar toner
Apple cider vinegar mixed with water can make your skin a little tighter and reduce the visibility of large pores. It also fights bacteria and prevents irritation, making it suitable for impure skin.
This is how you use it:
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with the same amount of water
- dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it to your face
- leave for about 15 minutes and then rinse off a repeat this every evening and then apply a moisturising product. You will see effects after a few weeks.
2. Wake up your skin with ice
Do you want to start your day with fresh skin and at the same time make your pores look smaller? This is very easy with ice cubes and a cotton towel!
- Wrap some ice cubes in the cloth and fold the ends together to make a compress.
- Always keep the compress in a different spot on your face, for a maximum of 2-3 minutes, until you have treated your entire face.
- The coldness of the ice cubes stimulates the blood flow of your face and gives it a more glowing, radiant look. This also reduces your pores and prevents any swelling (for example around the eyes).
3. Make a mask with proteins
Protein removes excess fat and dirt from the pores and can make it appear smaller. Besides, it delivers the skin smoother and smoother. Citric acid and oatmeal reinforce this effect and make the skin clear and soft. This is how you make a mask for yourself:
- break two eggs in a bowl and remove the egg yolks
- add the juice of a lemon
- mix these ingredients with a whisk or mixer into a foaming whole
- add two tablespoons of oatmeal and mix
- divide the mask over your face and leave for 30 minutes
- remove the mask with lukewarm water
4. Scrub your skin with baking soda
Baking soda or baking soda is ideal for a quick, mild scrub. This removes grease and dirt from the pores, makes them look smaller, has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- mix two tablespoons with a little water to a soft paste
- spread the mixture in twisting movements over the skin
- repeat the twisting movements for a few seconds
- rinse the mixture with cold water
- repeat daily for several weeks
5. Choose suitable natural care
After scrubbing, your skin is ready to take care of caring ingredients. Choose a natural product that suits your skin. A good example is pure argan oil. This quickly absorbs and leaves no greasy film. Moreover, it is not comedogenic, which means that it does not clog the pores. However, it contains many vitamins, essential fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish, repair and protect the skin. It is fit for all skin natures, including oily and mixed skin, and has excellent anti-ageing properties.
Naturally smaller pores
Our pores play an essential role in keeping the skin healthy. They can become more prominent due to various causes. With the above tips, you can clean and optically reduce them in a natural way. Then choose care that does not clog and enjoy your radiant skin. Are you going to attempt one of these tips? Share your experiences!